Major research activity
Superconductivity, material synthesis, characterization at low temperatures and under magnetic fields
Our group conducts extensive research into functional energy materials ranging from the fundamental science of these materials through to their potential applications. Special emphasis is placed on the study of superconductors and their related materials. We primarily focus on the synthesis of functional superconducting materials for energy generation, storage and usage. An understanding of the emergent phenomena in these materials can lead to the rational design of novel materials with advanced properties. We also advance the science and technology of functional materials for innovative energy grids
Major relevant publications
- Solovyov, V. F., Ozaki, T., Atrei, A., Wu, L., Al-Mahboob, A., Sadowski, J. T., Tong, X., Nykypanchuk, D. & Li, Q. Highly efficient solid state catalysis by reconstructed (001) Ceria surface. Sci. Rep. 4, 4627 (2014).
- Ozaki, T., Takeya, H., Deguchi, K., Demura, S., Hara, H., Watanabe, T., Denholme, S. J., Okazaki, H., Fujioka, M., Yokota, Y., Yamaguchi, T. & Takano, Y. Evolution of superconductivity in isovalent Te-substituted KxFe2-ySe2 crystals. Supercond. Sci. Technol. 26, 05502 (2013).
- Ozaki, T., Takeya, T., Okazaki, T., Deguchi, K., Demura, S., Kawasaki, Y., Hara, H., Watanabe, T., Yamaguchi, T., & Takano, Y., “One-step synthesis of KxFe2-ySe2 single crystal for high critical current density,”Europhys. Lett. 98, 27002 (2012).
- Ozaki, T., Deguchi, K., Mizuguchi, Y., Kawasaki, Y., Tanaka, T., Yamaguchi, T., Kumakura, H. & Takano, Y., “Fabrication of binary FeSe superconducting wires by diffusion process,” J. Appl. Phys. 111, 112620 (2012).
- Ozaki, T., Yoshida, Y., Ichino, Y., Takai, Y., Ichinose, A., Matsumoto, K., Horii, S., Mukaida, M. & Takano, Y. Flux pinning properties and microstructure of SmBa2Cu3Oy thin films with systematically controlled BaZrO3 nanorods. J. Appl. Phys. 108, 093905 (2010).