Major research activity
Based on movement, mechanisms, feeling, etc. of man or a living thing, we develop tactile sensors and artificial muscle actuators. And they are applied to the human support instruments for elderly people or handicapped people, and the rescue robot for person search, etc.
Moreover, based on man's motion analysis, we build a three-dimensional musculo-skeletal model, and simulate athletic abilities such as muscular power. These simulation results have used in functional evaluation of the rehabilitation instruments, and help athletes improve their athletic abilities of sport field.
Motion and Dynamics, Bio-robotics, Human Support, Rehabilitation, Digital Human Model, Mechanisms, Locomotion, Sports Engineering, Muscle
Major relevant publications
- Saga N., Tesen S, Sato T., Nagase J., Acquisition of earthworm-like movement patterns of many-segmented peristaltic crawling robots, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, Sage Publication, doi/10.1177/1729881416657740 (2016)
- Hashimoto Y., Sato T., Nagase J., Saga N., Comparison between PFC and PID Control Systems for a Pneumatic Cylinder, Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Vol. 10, No. 5, doi/10.1002/tee.22125(2015)
- Saga N., Irie S., Nakanishi Y., etc, Effects of knee alignment on human gait based on wireless sensors, International Journal Biomechatronics and Biomedical Robotics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd., Vol. 2, Nos. 2/3/4, pp.118-123(2014)
- Nagase J., Sato T., Saga N., Suzumori K., D Predictive Functional Control of Tendon-Driven Actuator Using Pneumatic Balloon, Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems, and Manufacturing, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.752-762 (2013)
- Kirihara K., Saga N., Saito N., Design and control of an upper limb rehabilitation support device for disabled people using a pneumatic cylinder. Industrial Robot, Emerald Group Publishing, Vol.37, Issue 4, pp.354-363 (2010)