Major research activity
diamond, widegap semiconductor, energy saving power device
Low loss power switching device is one of the most important technology for the energy saving to suppress gloval warming.
Due to its extreme properties, diamond has excellent figure of merit for high power switching device. In the lab., R&D on material and device based on diamond are being carried out.
Major relevant publications
- “Large-area high-quality single crystal diamond”, M.Schreck , J.Asmussen , S.Shikata , J-C. Arnault , and N. Fujimori, MRS Bulletin 39,(2014) pp.504-510
- “Recent R&D toward diamond power switching device”, S.Shikata, Oyo Buturi, 82（2013）pp.299-302 (in Japanese)
- “Development of diamond power electronics devices”, S.Shikata, and H.Umezawa, Synthesiology, 6 (2013) pp.152-161
- “1 ohm on-resistance diamond vertical Schottky barrier diode at 250C”, H.Umezawa, Y.Kato and S.Shikata, Applied Physics Express, 6 (2013) 011302
- “Isotopic Homojunction Band Engineering from Diamond”, H.Watanabe, C.Nebel and S.Shikata, Science, 324, (2009) pp.1425-1427