Major research activity
Research interest: Radio Astronomy, Galaxies, Antarctic Terahertz Telescope
My research interest is observational study of galaxies, our Galaxy, active galactic nuclei (AGN), et al. Galaxies are the main object in the universe and the parent body in which stars and planets are being born. I am observationally studying structure and dynamics of our Galaxy and external galaxies, active galactic nuclei and massive black holes, formation and evolution of galaxies and structure of distant universe, using radio telescope such as the Nobeyama 45-m telescope and ALMA. We are also pursuing a Antarctic Terahertz Telescope project. The highlands of the inland of the Antarctic continent is the best site in the world to make observations at millimeter, submillimeter, terahertz, and infrared wavelength, because the precipitable water vapor is extremely low due to their high altitude and very low air temperature. By constructing an Antarctic 10-m terahertz telescope, we are planning to make extremely large field surveys to discover extremely distant invisible galaxies and to study formation and evolution of galaxies.
Major relevant publications
- Salak, Dragan; Tomiyasu, Yuto; Nakai, Naomasa; Kuno, Nario; Miyamoto, Yusuke; Kaneko, Hiroyuki, “Evolution of Molecular Clouds in the Superwind Galaxy NGC 1808 Probed by ALMA Observations”, The Astrophysical Journal, 849, id. 90, 20 pp. (2017).
- Miyamoto, Yusuke; Nakai, Naomasa; Seta, Masumichi; Salak, Dragan; Nagai, Makoto; Kaneko, Hiroyuki, “ALMA multiline observations toward the central region of NGC 613”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 69, id.83 (2017).
- Yamauchi, Aya; Miyamoto, Yusuke; Nakai, Naomasa; Terashima, Yuichi; Okumura, Taishi; Zhou, Bin; Taniguchi, Kotomi; Kaneko, Hiroyuki; Matsumoto, Naoko; Salak, Dragan; Nishimura, Atsushi; Ueno, Saeko, “Discovery of H2O megamasers in obscured active galactic nuclei”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 69, id.L6 (2017).
- Arai, Hitoshi; Nagai, Makoto; Fujita, Shinji; Nakai, Naomasa; Seta, Masumichi; Yamauchi, Aya; Kaneko, Hiroyuki; Hagiwara, Kenzaburo; Mamyoda, Koh-ichi; Miyamoto, Yusuke; Horie, Masa-aki; Ishii, Shun; Koide, Yusuke; Ogino, Mitsutoshi; Maruyama, Masaki; Hirai, Katsuaki; Oshiro, Wataru; Nagai, Satoshi; Akiyama, Daiki; Konakawa, Keita; Nonogawa, Hiroaki; Salak, Dragan; Terabe, Yuki; Nihonmatsu, Yoshiki; Funahashi, Fumiyoshi, “A multi-line ammonia survey of the Galactic center region with the Tsukuba 32 m telescope. I. Observations and data”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 68, id.76, 12 pp. (2016).
- Miyamoto, Yusuke; Nakai, Naomasa; Seta, Masumichi; Salak, Dragan; Hagiwara, Kenzaburo; Nagai, Makoto; Ishii, Shun; Yamauchi, Aya, “Hot ammonia in the center of the Seyfert 2 galaxy NGC 3079”, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Japan, 67, id.515 pp. (2015).